Studio apartments are small, but that doesn’t mean they have to be cluttered and unorganized. Here are some tips for how to organize your studio apartment so it looks clean and tidy.
- Maximize light by placing lamps on opposite sides of the room, instead of having them both face one area; this way there are no shadows or dark corners.
- Think up, not out – try using shelves instead of cabinets if possible and place items at eye level.
- Organize, organize, organize – keep like things together and always put away after use; this makes cleaning much easier later on down the line.
- Utilize mirrors – they reflect light and make rooms seem larger than they actually are; plus they give off an airy feel which is great for smaller spaces.
- Open closets – take advantage of all available storage space by installing no door cabinets. Open closets will give the room a cleaner look without all those doors closing on each other
- Open shelving - utilize as much wall space as possible by installing floating shelves above head height throughout the room. These will help create more visual interest while also freeing up floor space below for other purposes.
- Tone down any bold patterns or colors so you can avoid the congested look due to dark colors and heavy patterns. Maximize light by painting the walls white or cream instead of dark colors like red or navy blue.
- And finally don’t forget about plants. They bring life into any room while also adding color too! You can even use them as dividers if you want to section off parts of your living area.
These little steps can maximize your square footage and make sure that every inch of your studio apartment is utilized to its full potential. You won’t believe what we can do with just a few simple steps
To learn more about how you can manage living in studio apartments, visit Prudential Cal’s blog section.